This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and The Skills Connection UK Limited and the Skills Connection LLC, the joint owners and providers of this Web Site (collectively referred to as The Skills Connection). This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means collectively the personal information and credentials used by Users to access Material in the knowledge bank section of the Web Site;
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, name, business contact details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “The Skills Connection UK” means The Skills Connection UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under number 7100165, whose registered office is at Maybank House, 14 Pretoria Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP13 6QW. ;
- “The Skills Connection LLC” means the Skills Connection LLC of 62 Bulaire Road, East Rockaway, NY 11518, USA;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Skills Connection makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “System” means any online information or services that The Skills Connection makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future.
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by The Skills Connection and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (theskillsconnection.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
2.2 job title;
2.3 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
2.4 business information relating to your involvement with analyst firms (e.g. assessments you may be included in, areas of coverage)
2.5 IP address (automatically collected);
2.6 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.7 operating system (automatically collected);
2.8 a list of URLs starting with a referring site, and your activity on this Web Site
2.9 cookie information (to allow retention of login details in a session)
3. Our Use of Data
3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Skills Connection UK for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any Communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to twelve months.
3.2 Unless we are obliged by law or permitted by your agreement, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see clause 9 below.
3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.4.1 internal record keeping;
3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email or telephone.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
The Skills Connection may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, site development, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
The Skills Connection may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
6. Your Right to Withhold Information
6.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
7. Accessing your own Data
7.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
7.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
8.1 Data security is of great importance to The Skills Connection and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
9.1 The Skills Connection may set and access Cookies on your computer. A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
9.2 You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
9.3 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies will require you to login each time you wish to use the knowledge bank
10. Changes to this Policy
This is the Web Site of The Skills Connection UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under number 7100165, whose registered office is at Maybank House, 14 Pretoria Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP13 6QW and The Skills Connection LLC, a New York limited liability company with offices at 62 Bulaire Road, East Rockaway, NY 11518
Users have certain rights of access and in relation to the use of their personal Data. If you want to request any information about your personal Data, or submit a request under section 10 or 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Inaccuracies and Corrections
We would like to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If you become aware of any errors or inaccuracies please let us know by contacting email@example.com.