Achieving your best possible assessment in the Field Service Management (FSM) Magic Quadrant (MQ)
The Gartner Magic Quadrant for FSM has worked for a number of your competitors.
If you can answer yes to any of these questions:
- Are your competitors getting better results — even when their product is inferior?
- Are you struggling to ‘move the dot’ in your MQ?
- Do your references seem to say something different when they talk to you and the analysts?
- Do you want your business included in the next version of this MQ?
We can help you, this is what we specialize in
We are a team of former senior Gartner analysts who’ve written and reviewed hundreds of Magic Quadrants such as the Field Service Management MQ. We have an in-depth understanding of the factors for Magic Quadrant success and are uniquely placed to give tangible advice that will add value when responding to the FSM Magic Quadrant.
Our clients tell us that we really help them in this area.
“The Skills Connection provides very constructive feedback and have the capacity to help craft a storyline and bring out the essential elements. Overall, a good structured approach.”
We often hear these challenges and understand that it can be really frustrating
How we help?
- Use our extensive experience as former Gartner analysts to make sure your Field Service Management Magic Quadrant responses are the best they can possibly be to ensure success. See: Move the dot in the right direction.
- Deliver the best possible submission, by delivering a best-practice-driven survey response, a best ever briefing by delivering a differentiated essential story, backed up by evidence, great references and, as appropriate, a memorable focused demo.
- Make sure your references actually improve the result.
- Get the analyst to see your company/product/service as it is today and not as it was in the past. More: How to improve analyst engagement.
- Clarify and articulate your company’s vision in a way that aligns to the way in which vision is measured by Gartner.
- Get your company into the Magic Quadrant for the first time.
See what some of the companies listed on the FSM MQ are saying about it
Companies listed in the Field Service Management Magic Quadrant include: Accruent, FieldAware, FieldPower, GMS Development, GEOCONCEPT Group, IFS, Microsoft, Oracle, OverIT, Praxedo, Salesforce, SAP (Coresystems), ServiceMax, ServicePower.